Community Health Council
Engage Estero Community Health Council comprises health* and safety-minded volunteers who think about community health comprehensively with a common desire to improve the overall health of the citizens of greater Estero.
To Be a think tank for creative ideas about community health and how to impact the health of greater Estero favorably.
- Develop strategy, plans, programs, partnerships, awareness, and initiatives that improve the health of greater Estero in a meaningful and measurable way.
- Help define what “health” means to the community and us and engage people around that ideal
- Organize and engage the community through education, activism, information, creativity, organizational support, and structure recommendations
- Be the conduit and connection for resources, including but not limited to traditional medical organizations/establishments, wellness groups, fitness groups, medical professionals, and Blue Zone
- Collaborate with other Engage Councils, community groups, healthcare organizations, and businesses to impact the health and quality of life in greater Estero
- Investigate opportunities, grants, and financial support for our goals where needed
Values essential to success and longevity:
- Open and honest communication
- Respect for other ideas and expertise
- Shared responsibility and resources
- Follow through on what you say you will do
- Care about what we are trying to achieve
- Innovation and creative thinking (open to doing things in a new way)
None at this time.
We don't have any articles on this topic at the moment.
*Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity: The World Health Organization, 1948, revised in 1976 to include the underlined text.
Is it OK if you see the A.P.R.N. or P.A. at your next appointment? When patients call to make an appointment with their doctor, they are often told they can see a physician assistant or nurse practitioner. Many patients wonder what experience these healthcare...
Health: Avoiding one of Aging’s Most Dangerous Events Accidents can happen at any time. Did you know that the number one cause of accidental death in those over 65 is a fall? Forty-six million Americans are...
Black MoldWhat you need to KnowBackground Moist places generate mold. When mold spores drop where there is excessive moisture, they will grow. Examples include leaks near roofs, windows, or pipes or where there has been flooding. Many building materials provide...
Health: Caring for the Largest Organ in your Body Know what it is? (If you answered “the skin,” you go to the top of the class!) So, what’s its function? There are many, but to mention a few it: Prevents water loss...
Health: How to Extend Your Life Expectancy by 7 Years! We are fortunate to live in Southwest Florida and Estero in particular. Given the endless sunny days we experience, many year-round outdoor activities...
HealthThe Vaccines you Need to Consider Seriously Receiving - Now.Hurricane Ian devastated SW Florida, and our hearts go out to all those who suffered! Although we were more fortunate than many, many residents, especially those living in West Broadway Estero, are...
Mental Health: Important Guidance For Students Entering Higher Education In 2019, the last full year we enjoyed before COVID hit, things were already not well. In the article, Dr. Simeone pointed out, “the...
Enrich Your RetirementPERHAPS IT’S TIME TO ENRICH YOUR LIFE IN RETIREMENT!Around 10,000 people retire each day, and this rate will continue for the next 10-15 years. Many retirees will spend roughly 1/3rd of their lives in retirement! Many of these individuals do not...
Studies show PTSD and substance use problems are abundant in people who served in the military and civilians. According to Quyen Bui, Marriage and Family Therapist, American Addiction Centers, almost 1 out of every 3 Veterans seeking treatment for substance use...
Find Your Representatives
Contact information for local, state and national legislators.
Engage Estero is made up entirely of volunteer residents, businesspeople, and you!
Your contributions protect the voice of Estero residents and enable action before it's too late!
Sign up to receive emails on important and urgent issues facing Estero.
Join the Movement
Protect Your Voice
Engage Estero provides action alerts, community news, and regular reports on issues affecting the quality of life in the greater Estero area. Sign up to be on the list.